Saturday, January 24, 2009

A blog about gratitude

Welcome to my new blog!

For the year 2009, one of my goals is to be happier. There are some people who are naturally optimistic, and then there are people like me who have to work at it. I know part of it is life circumstances. For reasons only God knows why, my life has continually been full of trials and trauma, many of which my own family doesn't know, and certainly not friends since it isn't exactly topics of phone chit-chat. I have kept many things to myself where they've built up one upon another, and they've been festering until I've developed "whyME" syndrome. The result: I have become extremely unhappy, bitter, and cynical, and I don't like who I've become!

How does a person become happy while going through trials? While having my Visiting Teachers over, I realized the answer is to focus on our blessings. When we focus on our blessings, our hearts are filled with gratitude and knowledge of how much our Father in Heaven loves us, and that brings peace and happiness.

So the purpose of this blog is to help me remember my blessings, like an uplifting journal, and use this as a tool on my pursuit of happiness. I am really looking forward to a much happier and healthier year!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.