Friday, January 30, 2009

God's gift to Mothers

You know, something happens when a woman becomes a mother, and it's not just the wider hips and stretch marks. We're given these amazing gifts like being able to insanely multi-task (i.e.: shopping with child, holding child's hand and keeping him from playing with the wheelchair check-writing shelf while also holding onto purse and paying for purchases all at the same time). One of the ones that amazes me but I don't necessarily appreciate is the ability to smell poo a mile a way. Seriously, I will be upstairs getting out of the shower and Dan and Isaac are downstairs. As soon as I open the bathroom door *sniff sniff*, "Dan, did Isaac have a poo?" Then a moment later I hear daddy asking, "Isaac, did you go poo?" I don't know, maybe our sense of smell didn't get better, just father's got worse?


Every Friday is library day which I've done with Isaac since he was a baby. It's a lot of fun to pick out new books and movies and it's something to look forward to every week. This afternoon I took Isaac to the library with me, and we quickly found one book he wanted. We decided to look at movies, then we'd go back to books and find more we liked before we left. We had just walked into the movie aisle when *sniff sniff*. I whisper, "Isaac, was that you?" He says, "Yes". I ask, "Did you go poo?" He says, "No, I just tootarooty" (Dad's word, don't ask). It couldn't have been more than 60 seconds later the smell was 10x worse, so I lean down and whisper, "Isaac, did you go poo?" His answer, "Yes". Great. Now, my child has what I call bunny-poop that often falls out of his pull-up and lands wherever it may on the floor, and makes mommy all kinds of mad. So I quickly grabbed him and what we'd already picked out, and made a quick checkout! Thank God in Heaven that we didn't leave a poo trail! (Ugh, at least I don't think we did!) It will be a happy day when my son is finally potty trained!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.