Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blackout!

I'm a little tired today. Okay, alot tired.


Last night I made it to bed by 10pm. Was up at about 12am for the bathroom, then up again at about 3:30am for the bathroom. At about 4:30am Isaac wakes me up by coming into our room crying because the lights were out.

I had him crawl into bed next to me and I got Dan up to check the breaker switches. That didn't work. In fact, the whole neighborhood was pitch black. He got out the box of candles and flashlights and brought some upstairs, and that helped Isaac feel a little better. Then Dan called the power company, and after that there wasn't anything else left to do except go back to bed and try to sleep.

We put Isaac in the middle with one of the flashlights on sitting on top of our headboard as a makeshift nightlight, and Isaac had ahold of the other one. Dan fell asleep right away (he snores), so I was left to comfort Isaac. He'd calm down for a little while, then start crying again. And I accidently made it worse when I made the comment that he needed to sleep because the cartoons and movies won't work until the power comes back on. That set him off! Autistic people/kids tend to be attached/obssessed about a certain thing or topic, and for Isaac it's movies.

About 5:55am (Isaac can get up for the day at 6am if he wants to, and he usually does) all the power in the house comes back on. Isaac wanted to go back to his room, so I took him back and tuck him in and told him to get some more sleep. I looked outside and it had SNOWED! Not alot, but a good dusting. I crawled back into bed, and then at 6am Isaac came in to get us up for the day. I woke Dan up and told him since he got the most sleep out of the 3 of us, he had the priviledge of getting up with Isaac. I was able to sleep for about another hour, which was heaven.

At about 8am I had Dan run out and snap a picture of the snow before it all melted away. There was more on the ground at 6am, but it was still neat to see.

And ya, that's our "new" van, but that's a whole other blog tale coming later...

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.