Monday, March 2, 2009

Hiccups!

Yesterday morning I felt Brooke hiccup for the first time! I'm sure she's had them before and I didn't feel them, but yesterday was the first time I've felt them. At first I was thinking, "What in the world...?!" before I realized and remembered what it was :)

That got me thinking: Guys are pretty lucky because they get to do the cool stuff like peeing standing up. But with this pregnancy I've felt sorry for Dan and other guys because a man will never, ever know what it feels like to feel a baby tumble and stretch and even hiccup inside you. Pregnancy isn't pretty, but feeling that baby move is the most awesome thing in the world! Dan likes to hear how much Brooke moves during the day, and at night he'll put his hand on my belly and feel her kick, and that thrills him. But he'll never know what it really feels like and that makes me sad for him.


In other news, Isaac attended the birthday party of a friend from church and had a great time. So I hear. I stayed home for some R&R and I had Dan go with to keep an eye on him. It was a Pirates and Pixies theme, and there were supposed to be about 20 kids there! We got his little friend a Princess coloring book and a box of new crayons, and I hear that she opened Isaac's present very first. Isaac did a great job tracing over the letters for her birthday card too.

Here's our Isaac on the right, enjoying his cake, and sitting next to him is his other friend from church, also named Isaac.



Isaac brought home a goody bag from the party, and one of the items in there was a pirate earring! ARRRRRGH! It didn't fit very well on mommy or daddy's ear, and Isaac didn't want to wear it, but he found that it was a perfect fit for Teddy Bear!
If you can't tell, this bear is OLD. Mom made him for me when I was little, like Isaac's age or younger? She made one for each of us kids and stitched up a note inside of it. At some point years ago Isaac got attached to him, so I opened the bear up, found and removed the note, and stitched him back up. He's very well loved!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.