Sunday, March 29, 2009

Welcome Spring!

Spring has arrived. I know this because ants have started creeping into my home.

Photobucket

Let me tell you something about ants: I hate them. I'm not afraid of them, they just gross me out. I've been in homes where ants freely run through the house and the home owner obviously does nothing to 1) prevent them (ie. keeping their house clean) and 2) kill them. Not in my home! At the sight of the first ant searching for a free meal, I've got ant traps out all. over. the. house. I keep a clean home so I usually see just one lone ant, the traps come out, then I'll see maybe 6 more as they gobble up the poison and I stand there laughing wickedly like the witch and the poisoned apple. Eat up my pretties! Can you believe when we moved into this place the worst room in the house for ants was our upstairs bathroom?! Since being here and the spraying and traps I've done, I've been pleased to see very very few of them in our house at all.

Spring also means protecting our yard/flowers from the neighborhood cats and dogs that like to use it as a litter box. I need to get more moth balls to deal with the cats, and I need to make more "doggy-bombs" for the dogs. A doggy-bomb is something I made when I was at my whit's end dealing with the neighbor's dog constantly crapping in our yard: I bought some chocolate-flavored Ex-lax and then wrapped those individual pieces around pieces of bread (crusts removed). I keep them in a bag in the freezer, and either after the dog poops in our yard or after I see he's eaten the one I've tossed out in the grass already, I toss another one out there. My way of thinking: If the dog craps in their house enough, maybe they'll get a clue that their dog is eating something they shouldn't when they let them run wild in the neighborhood. By the way, these are pit-bulls so there's no way I'm dealing with them like a civilized human being, and even though I suspect what house they're from I'm not even honestly sure.

A much more pleasant side of Spring is the flowers. I love flowers! My daffodils have finally started to bloom, my lone hyacinth bloomed, my small lilac bush has green buds, and my tulips will soon be up. I look forward to after Brooke is born and being able to go outside and kneel and dig in the dirt again! If we ever own our own home, I hope it has a huge space for a beautiful flower garden, just because flowers make me happy.

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.