Friday, March 6, 2009

Our new library

The new library is open after a month of being closed for the big move, and today we went to check it out.

It's nice to be back on our regular Friday-is-library-day routine! I've been taking Isaac to the library (Salem at that time) since he was a baby and I was doing childcare for my niece. Every Friday we'd walk down to the small library location near our apartment and I'd let the kids play and pick out some books, and that's how it all started. I'm proud of myself for starting Isaac on books early... I loved books growing up! And I know it's because of our own huge library collection of kids books at home, and our weekly library trips for almost the last 6 years, that has led to Isaac's love of books. I hope Brooke develops a love for books that Isaac and I have (Dan's the black sheep of the family... he doesn't read much).

The new library is nice when you overlook that new building smell. I'm glad they passed out maps so we could find our way around. We even used their new bathrooms (Isaac used the potty in a public place!!!! WOW!!!!) and of course had to ride the elevators. I was especially grateful for their large number of places to park my preggo butt while Dan and Isaac searched and searched for Lego books. Isaac loved all the huge windows ("I can see our van!") and loved looking at people below us from the second floor. We used their new self-checkout which was super fast, and even learned how to open the DVD cases ourselves... sure saves time from standing in line! Then it was time to head home with our treasures and I had the pleasure and relief of icing my Sciatica.

It was a nice way to spend a Friday afternoon, and I'm hoping the library gets loads and loads of new books to fill all that new empty space!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.