Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

Some kids are totally and completely random and bust-your-gut funny, my niece being one of them. Isaac has given me a few great laughs too.

This morning I had him sitting on the potty when totally out of the blue he tells me, in his manner of speaking, that he'll have hair on his elbows and his penis when he gets big like mom and dad. How do you NOT start laughing at that, and how do you respond? I'm not a huge prude, but still...

And my dad's favorite: A couple of years ago Isaac was realizing that someone has made everything, including the toys and movies he enjoys. When he'd ask me who made an item, I'd tell him, and then he'd ask, "Hard work?" asking if it was hard work to make that particular thing. So one day Isaac comes up to me and asks me who made him? I told him Mommy and Daddy made him. He looks at me and asks, "Hard work?" I remember laughing and thinking to myself, it wasn't hard work at the time!

This was a funny that came from Dan this past fall, and not Isaac, but I've still gotta share: When I found out I was pregnant, I was shocked! It was a total surprise, and I had taken the test while Dan was at work because I knew it would be negative. WRONG! So I called Dan up at work and told him that when he got home, I had a surprise for him. Dan, thinking of the arts and crafts I'd been working on at the time, asked me, "Is it homemade?" My response: "Um, yaaaaah." We sure aren't exhibitionists!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.