Friday, March 20, 2009

Sex leads to minivans

Has anyone else stopped and pondered the reason minivans were even made? I think very few people out there would drive a minivan if they didn't have kids, and the only way to have kids is sex, so thus sex leads to minivans.


Our red lemon has been up and running for about 2 weeks now. We have kept detailed records of what we've done on it, and I'd like to share that with you here. I should write for those Mastercard commercials, except none of this was put on any credit card (OUCH)...

One 11 year old van: $1500.00
Unknown necessary repairs about to kick us in the you-know-where:
New serpentine belt and pulley: $74.99
Four new tires: $421.28
New air filter: $16.99
Six new spark plugs & installation: $100.94
New A/C compressor: $555.92
New shocks & alignment & front inner tie rod: $364.00
New plug wires & fuel filter: $105.00
Right front axle seal: $148.82
Total cost for our $1500.00 van: $3,287.94
Surviving the 3 weeks it took to do all this and the headache of being 1 vehicle short and the lesson learned that even little old couples will rip off young, unsuspecting victims all while avoiding bloodshed to each other's spouses: Priceless

Surprisingly, I like the van now. The love-hate relationship I had with it in the beginning is more lovey, even if it is a Ford. By the way, Grandma informed me that stands for Found On Road Dead and I couldn't agree more. But it's grown on me now. I like that the steering wheel is adjustable so it's not rubbing on my baby belly. And it doesn't feel like I'm driving a school bus so much anymore. One of the best perks? Isaac can't kick his muddy shoes against the back of my seat anymore *BIG SMILE*






If you haven't seen this video yet, you've gotta check it out!



Since our van is a 7-passenger instead of 8, does that make us slightly cooler than this?

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.