Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hello summer

Tomorrow is officially the first day of summer. It doesn't feel like it. It's been humid and damp, and today is even on the cool side. I'm wondering if it will rain on Isaac's birthday next weekend? It's never rained on his birthday so far... in fact, all of his birthdays have been hot. I don't mind a cool summer since I don't like the heat, but I also don't like it if it's 70 or higher and raining. Ugh.

I've been absolutely exhausted the past couple of days. It's so hard when Dan has to be to work at 5:30am, because that means I've been doing baby duty on my own during the night so he can stay awake and alert at work. We've been getting to bed between 10 and 11pm. I get up with Brooke about midnight. Then again about 4am, and up for the day. If I try to lay her down and she's not totally asleep, she cries and carries on until I go to pick her up. This morning she had gas and was crying and woke Isaac up at 5:30am. In addition to gas, Brooke has also had some blocked tear ducts so her eyes have been gunky, poor babe. And while I've been trying to tend to her and clean house, all day today Isaac has been "Mommommommommom". I feel only slightly bad that when Dan comes through the door after work I practically shove the kids off on him.

My meds after leaving the hospital


Hurting more today than usual. I've also been doing more work than usual because the house is in dire need of it. This week I stopped my prescription pain meds, so I'm using OTC Excedrin and Ibuprofen instead. I should also clean my fridge today. It stinks. Why does it stink? I can't figure it out. Yikes, if I still hurt tonight I may need to take one of my prescription pain meds that are left over.

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.