Monday, June 1, 2009

14 hours to go

Calla lily flowers from our neighbor


In about 14 hours our daughter will be here. Crazy. I've been cherishing rubbing my baby belly and feeling her kick and move. That's the thing I'll really miss a lot, being able to feel her move inside me. I won't miss the other stuff... My feet are so swollen that my toes look like little cocktail wieners.

The house is clean and ready. I've been going around finishing last minute chores thinking things like, "This is the last time I clip my toenails before Brooke is born". Tonight we'll sweep and vacuum again, one last time before Brooke is born. I told Daniel that the thing I want most of all, above all else, is that when I get home from the hospital that he has the house clean so I don't cry. Our definitions of clean are different, but I'd settle for a vacuumed floor and toys in an orderly pile.

I've been wanting to spend some special time with Isaac, but he's still not feeling well and just not that interested in reading stories with me. A few times he's curled up against me on the sofa and I've loved that. I really wanted some special time just him and I.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I'm nervous of the surgery, and of course the equally nerve-racking task of greeting endless family members. I hope we all manage to get some sleep tonight, and I'll post again when we're home from the hospital!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.