Sunday, April 26, 2009

The best wardrobe EVER


Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more baby girls than boys? I've noticed it for years and years, and there's got to be statistics on it or something. But I'm learning that the benefit of everyone having girls is that everyone has free clothes to give you when it's your turn! I know with Isaac, for almost the first year we barely had to buy anything because of things that were given to us, but it wasn't anything like this!

I had boxes in Isaac's closet, each marked according to size. The 0-3 months are already in drawers or in the closet, and the rest were packed neatly into little boxes. Then a friend gave us a massive box of her daughter's old clothes (and shoes and toys)! Super cool because many were in sizes and things we still needed for those sizes. But then I came across a couple problems: First, I needed bigger boxes! Second, what was I going to do with 14 dresses in one size? I decided to weed through everything and get rid of alot of things...

I couldn't let go of a single one of those dresses. Or anything else for that matter. Pathetic. Me, who hates to be in a dress or skirt of any kind, is going to find a way to dress her daughter in 14 different dresses in a matter of a few months.

And I won't wear used shoes, but the baby shoes that were given to us were in like-new condition (like a 6 month old goes walking through the mud every day?), so I've got a good size box filled with shoes for at least Brooke's first year. A basket is on the dresser with probably 10 pairs of newborn size shoes. Crazy.

But she's going to be the best dressed kid on the block!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.