Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Feeding the baby

It's already turning into an adventure and she isn't even born yet! At first I was sure I was going to bottle feed Brooke because of all the issues I had with trying to nurse Isaac. Then after talking to different people, there's a possibility that because with this pregnancy I can't tolerate soy or most dairy that could mean Brooke will have these allergies. So this is why I've decided to try to nurse her after all.


So we took a trip to Target to collect some of the baby things we still needed. Target is only 1 of 2 places to shop for baby stuff in town, so we're very limited here. We get to the bottle aisle, and it's an entire aisle designated for bottles, bottle nipples, nursing pumps, and every other boob gadget you can think of. They had bottles that were glass and they had bottles that were $10 a piece. They had bottle nipples for every friggin age month. And each and every single one claimed to reduce gas and colic. After 20 minutes of standing in this aisle, Dan finally decided he was going to go check out the diapers and wipes. He asks me if I'm coming, and I say no, I'm going to stare at the shelves a few minutes longer. I don't remember it being this difficult shopping for Isaac! Finally, on the very bottom shelf at the very right corner I find a package of 3 inexpensive bottles with nipples and caps included, for ages 0-3 months! Score! Peons like me need the simple things like this! So we have bottles.

Now it's time to look for nursing bras, and since I have a Target gift card balance to use that means I'll be getting them there. Except our Target doesn't have nursing bras. In fact, like many of the items in their store, their entire selection of bras was pitiful. So I looked online and hallelujah they have nursing bras online! But what size? It's been a long time since I've been bra shopping, and honestly I haven't needed to this entire pregnancy. With Isaac it was a different story. In his case the good Lord giveth and He never taketh it away. I found a website where you can enter in your measurements and it'll give you your correct size. Mine said, "Congratulations, you are size ???" Well, that was a huge help. At least my size just confused the system and didn't cause it to crash.

Since Isaac has Friday off from school, I'm planning on driving to a sister city where they have a Walmart and just trying on a bunch to find the right fit for that brand (Walmart always has a huge selection of bras). That should thrill Isaac since I'll have him with me. But I'd rather go through the headache of doing the dressing room thing rather than ordering a bra online that doesn't fit and running out of time to replace it!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.