Thursday, April 23, 2009

NO TOUCHY!!!!!!!!!!!


Can you hear me scream this?! Probably not since I haven't actually screamed at Dan, but there were some raised voices this morning.

My husband has, on more than one occasion, tried to do something to "fix" the computer when it didn't need fixing. He has no business whatsoever getting near a computer to fix anything. Our computer is nearly 7 years old, so it's not lightening fast anymore. But it worked! So when he tries to "fix" it, what it does is make problems. Usually I'm able to fix the problem if it's something minor. Once we did have to take it in to be fixed. Thanks to his little wild hair he got last night, we're about to take it in a 2nd time as soon as he gets paid again. I'm handy with computers, but this is something I haven't been able to fix! Not even the restoring-the-system thing worked, it just told us we hadn't made any changes to our computer!

Our main browser was IE, which was great because it had all our favorites bookmarked and everything. With Isaac's potty training, each time he uses the potty he earns a checkmark, and each checkmark is 15 min of computer game time, so all of Isaac's games were bookmarked and easy for him to access. Not anymore. We can't access IE. No matter what we've tried, it says there's a problem with the ad-ons. When you try to access one of the bookmarked websites, or type in the web address, it says we're offline and can't access those websites offline. And then a little box pops up from NetZero for us to dial in (we haven't had NetZero in years). We can use Firefox! Do you know how horrible it would be to not be able to use the internet at all for over a week! I'm so glad Firefox works, but it has problems. Each new webpage we brings up, it also pulls up the NetZero box for us to dial in. And the bookmarks aren't user-friendly like in IE, so each time we want to access something we have to type in the address. This also means for Isaac's game time, for the whole hour of it, each time he wants to play a new game on a different website, mom or dad (meaning me) will have to stop what we're doing and come type in the different website for him.

We've had this talk before. I thought he heard me the first couple of times I told him. I told Dan I don't want him touching the computer anymore to try to fix anything, and he said only if he had someone there to help him do it. And I said noooooooooooo. DON'T TOUCH IT! Why does he do this?! I flat out told him that now that this is the 2nd time we're going to have to pay someone to fix our computer because of something he did, maybe he'll finally get it that he needs to stop messing with it! We'll try to take it back to the same place we did before, and hopefully they can fix these problems, plus fix the desktop (yikes), and since after Dan's "fix" it runs even s-l-o-w-e-r than before, so hopefully they can fix it all.

I think if this happens again, I'll threaten that we'll need a new computer and the thought of spending that much money on a new tower should get Dan to keep his hands to himself.

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.