Saturday, May 30, 2009

3 days to go




Today was the first day of hubby's 2-week vacation time for Brooke's birth. Day 1 has gone well, and he's even been pretty good about helping me around the house. I hope by day 14 things will be going so well and there won't be bloodshed.

Dan's family tends to do things last minute, and 2 hours ago he received a phone call from one of his sisters that they were having a pizza get together at their parents' house which is happening as I type this. Dan wanted to go because #1) he loves his family and #2) he loves pizza. I've been lactose-intolerant with this pregnancy, especially to cheese, so pizza has been a no-go in our house the last 10 months. The problem is that his parents live an hour away, our son is sick, I'm uncomfortable and having contractions, and there are still some things I needed help with here... I told him that honestly I would like him to stay home with us, and he agreed. The man can drive me nuts sometimes, but other times I'm grateful for his sweet side.

Right now he's at the grocery store with my detailed list, and even though he's already called twice he's really been getting the hang of being the main grocery buyer. The plan tonight: going over what I'll need his help with after Brooke is born.

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.