Saturday, May 9, 2009

No Soliciting (pssst, that means you!)





You get the idea, right?

Soon after moving here I became sick and tired of strangers knocking on our door wanting us to buy something or convert to something. I bought a "NO SOLICITING" sign, slapped it on the front door, and it did great. Except for one thing...

Religious missionaries of local churches think that this does not apply to them. Well, it does! They are coming to my door, disturbing whatever we're doing with our family, and trying to sell us on their ideas and beliefs. I try to have patience because our own LDS missionaries do this, going door-to-door, and I've heard horrible stories of how they've been treated. But I had (foolishly) thought that my nice little sign would have taken care of the problem, because in a perfect world they would notice my sign and know that it applied to them and go on to the next house, thus avoiding the whole "Is your soul saved?" and "Do you have a church?" interrogation. I've been tempted to make my own sign that says something like, "Religious solicitors will be given a Book of Mormon". I'm certain that would stop the problem. I also know that would be an invitation for hateful people to target my family and our home.

So for now, I let them pound on our front door (they know we're in there!), then they slide their material into the door frame, and we recycle it.

Time to put my artistic abilities to work and make a sign that works!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.