Friday, May 29, 2009

4 days to go & a sick kiddo

A soft sofa with pillows, a hanky for the nose, and the remote. What more could a boy want?

Mommy has been wrong a time or two. It wasn't allergies, and our child is actually sick. Long story short, we've been up since almost 2am. This morning I was so tired and my feet so swollen that I asked Dan to take Isaac into the doctor for me since he didn't have to work until the later shift. To spare time, he took him to Urgent Care. From what I heard the office visit was rough and they couldn't even get a good look at Isaac, but figured from his symptoms that he has a sinus infection. He's been the king of ear infections until a couple of years ago, but he's never had a sinus infection! He's so miserable. He's had colds before, but it's been a long time since I've seen him like this. If he's not better by Sunday we've got to take him in to his regular doctor. The really sucky thing about a sick autistic child is that, at least in Isaac's case, he doesn't tell us where he hurts. It's very much like having a sick baby and you have to guess what's going on.

On my end, my body is so ready to have Brooke but still having irregular contractions. I figured if she came early it would be today, but doesn't look like it. Only 4 more days to go until I meet my daughter for the first time!

UPDATE: The nap was extremely short-lived (maybe 30 min tops?) but he seems to be feeling better. He pooped his underwear (yay for the poo, ugh that it wasn't in the potty). In spite of my heroic efforts, poo also got on the floor and on my foot, so to be on the safe side my pants are now in the laundry. And Isaac has done more talking to me the past 20 minutes than he has the entire day... I hope this means he's already starting to bounce back!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.