Thursday, May 28, 2009

5 days to go & ready

I've been busy doing a last thorough cleaning of the house. The only thing really left to do is straightening our bedroom to make room for the bassinet where Brooke will sleep her first couple of weeks.

Isaac's side of the room is done. Everything is set up as good as it's going to get, considering the kids have to share a room. I wanted Isaac to have a nice bedspread on his bed, but he's decided he wants to use his unzipped sleeping bag instead.


To make it easier on Isaac that he has to share his room with a girl now, we did his side of the room in Speed Racer. I colored and pasted all those pics into posters. Talk about aching fingers!


Brooke's side of the room. I'm impressed with what we've been able to squeeze into that small bedroom.


Brooke has Care Bears for her posters. And yes, that's the bassinet (temporarily) in the crib.


The dresser. That's a tight squeeze! Brooke's things on the left, Isaac's are on the right. The closet offers even less space, so I tried to squeeze whatever I could into the dresser. I turned those blue bins into shelves to hold Brooke's diapers and Isaac's pull-ups. The pink bouncy vibrator chair will be moved downstairs after Brooke is born. One of my sister-in-laws made the ISAAC frames, and I'm told she wanted to make one for Brooke too.


We have a bag ready to go for Isaac in case I go into labor early and he has to go to a friend's house. Everything is there except his ducky blanket. That's the extra car seat ready too in case I have to have someone drive me to the hospital if Dan's at work.


And the dinners. When Isaac was born we didn't have the luxury of being able to pre-make meals because we were in an apartment with no room for a large freezer. We were given this large freezer from an acquaintance of Dan's, and it fits perfect in our garage. I figure we've got at least 2 weeks worth of pre-made dinners here, more if Daniel eats more PB&J, plus a stock of soup broths and frozen veggies that can also cook up quick.

I think we're ready...

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.