Thursday, May 14, 2009

A manly baby shower

On Tuesday as Dan's shift was ending, he got a buzz and was asked to come to one of the hospital's conference rooms to help move something heavy. When he walked in, there was a baby shower set up for him! He was so surprised! His coworkers asked where I was, and Dan had to tell them that since he didn't know about the shower, I didn't know, and since I had to pick Isaac up from school shortly I wouldn't be able to make the drive out there anyhow. But it sounded like a great time, and his coworkers were so generous that it made me tear up as I looked through all the cute goodies Dan had brought home.

They couldn't believe Dan didn't know about the shower. "Didn't you notice that when you walked into the room we'd stop talking?" He figured it was girl talk and he really didn't care to hear about it. "Didn't you notice the baby shower cake I was making?" He figured that since that coworker worked for catering, it must have been for one of their events! I love my clueless man.


Yesterday as I brought Isaac to school, I was also surprised that Isaac's teacher had bought a little gift for Brooke! It was an adorable dress with little pink bloomers! Isaac helped take it out of the bag, and as soon as he saw it wasn't something he would be interested in he quickly handed it back to me and headed towards his classroom. We're doing our best to involve him in the process of preparing for Brooke, but it's still got to be hard (for any kid!) to have to see and put up with gifts for someone other than them, and the kid isn't even born yet!

I need to get cracking on Thank You notes. I may do that this afternoon while I'm icing my back.

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.