Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A lot done, a little to do

I have exactly 2 weeks left as of today. My official due date is June 8th, but since the c-section is scheduled for June 2nd that puts me at 2 more weeks. Unless she comes early. And boy, I hope she comes early. But either way the end is in sight!

We've got the kids' room just about done. We hung up the Care Bear posters I made on Brooke's side of the room, but I've got to replace the kind of tape I used on the back because half of them have fallen down. I've washed bottles and dresser drawers are full of clean and ready clothes. The only thing really to do is just general tidying to make everything look pretty. We're going to have the kids exchange small gifts to each other, and yesterday I ordered two Speed Racer cars Isaac has been wanting from Amazon. He thinks he's getting just one so it'll be a real surprise when he gets two.

Isaac has been doing excellent with his pooping in the potty! In the past week he's just had one accident! For quite a while now we've used a chart in the bathroom and for every pee he gets one checkmark, and for every poo he gets two checkmarks. Each checkmark is worth 15 minutes of computer game time. But the real motivator for the poo has been us copying what they've been doing at school, and every time he goes he earns something from the treasure bucket (a small dollar store toy). He's down to one toy left, and he's running out of room in his toy bins for more toys, so we'll probably start replacing the treasure bucket toys with giving him a dime or a quarter for each poo. He really, really wants a Speed Racer video game but he knows there won't be any video games until he's 100% potty trained.

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.