Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day

Friday afternoon Isaac brought home some things he'd been working on at school for Mother's Day. He colored and painted and crafted, and it was so sweet! When he handed me my treasures, he then gave me a real hug and a real kiss and said "Because that's what we do on Mother's Day". Obviously they had been working on that at school, but even though it sounded rehearsed it was so touching to get that affection from him! So this weekend I used that to my advantage, and when I wanted a hug or a kiss I asked him to give me one like we do on Mother's Day.

Here's the large and beautiful card he made me:


He signed the inside: To Mom, Love Isaac


The beautiful works of art:

This beautiful bouquet of silk flowers he made me!


The purple one is actually a ring... And I didn't know this until Isaac told me, but that clothesline clip that says #1 MOM is actually a magnet! It's proudly displayed on our fridge now.

The only time I get flowers from Dan is Mother's Day and sometimes my birthday. Anticipating this, this year I asked him that instead of a bouquet of cut flowers, I would really like some petunias (one of my favorite annuals) to plant in the front garden: It would add color while I'm waiting for my seeds to really take off and also so I can enjoy my Mother's Day flowers all summer. Dan and Isaac went to the store together and picked out some beautiful white ones, and also some fancy red and white striped ones! I was so tickled to have fancy petunias, since I've always been too cheap and always bought the plain-Jane kind:

And extra brownie points scored by Hubby, he still bought me a beautiful long stem rose that came with some pretty baby's breath and a nifty decorative twig. I LOVE ROSES!

On Sunday morning I was treated to breakfast in bed, which was a really, really nice surprise that my boys thought of it without me hinting about it! They made me french toast with powdered sugar on top (just the way I like it) and orange slices. I stayed home from church since it's become painful just to get up and walk around, but Dan brought home a little white annual flower that they were handing out to all the moms... How sweet of him to think to bring me home one! Then we quickly got ready and out the door to head down to Grandma & Grandpa's house for a Mother's Day BBQ.

By the way, those burgers were buffalo burgers and oooooooooooooh soooo good! We've done buffalo burgers once or twice ourselves, but it wasn't anything like these! It made me grateful that with this pregnancy I gave up the vegetarian thing since Brooke has made me crave meat.

And what Mother's Day isn't complete without your son and your brother engaging in a grunting round of arm wrestling? Isaac adores his Uncle Jason!

0 comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.